Singapore Company Formation
Limited Liability Company (LTD)
Minimal business restrictions & tax exemptions on non-local business
Why choose a Singapore company?
IMPORTANT: you must have at least one director and At least one director must be a resident in Singapore. Corporate directors are not allowed.
Only one shareholder (can also be a legal person, no nationality restriction or residency restrictions)
- Beneficial owners’ details – Not shown on the public record
- Shareholders’ details – Are shown on the public record, if you wish to avoid it then please purchase a nominee service
- Directors’ details – Are shown on the public record, if you wish to avoid it then please purchase a nominee service
Singaporean companies enjoy attractive tax exemptions and incentives. Your company will pay less than 9% on the first $300,000 annual profits and 17% flat after that on income sourced in Singapore. There are no capital gains or dividend taxes on Singapore companies.
Singapore supports entrepreneurship and help companies grow, a newly incorporated company that qualifies can claim for full tax exemption on the first $100,000 of chargeable income (excluding Singapore franked dividends) for its first 3 years Assessments.
An additional 50% exemption is provided on the following $200,000 of the normal chargeable income (excluding Singapore franked dividends) for each of the first three consecutive Year Assessments.
- First $100,000 available at 100% = $100,000
- Next $200,000 available at 50% = $100,000
- Total $300,000 available at $200,000
To qualify for the additional tax exemption on a new company:
- Must be incorporated in Singapore.
- Must be a tax resident* in Singapore for that Year Assessment.
- Must have 20 or less shareholders throughout the period where:
a) All of the shareholders are individuals beneficially and directly holding the shares in their own names;
b) At least one shareholder is an individual beneficially and directly holding at least 10% of the issued ordinary shares of the company.
- Company meetings do not have to take place in Singapore. A new company must hold its first Annual General Meeting within 18 months. Afterwards, a company must hold its subsequent AGM in every year, and no more than 15 months from the previous.
Annual audited accounts are required for companies with an annual turnover $5m+, these must be filed with the Singapore Registrar; they must be audited by a Singapore auditor.Some companies are exempt, these companies are not required to have their accounts audited and annual accounts can be filed without audit.
To be defined as an Exempt Company, the following conditions must be met:
You must not have more than 20 members of the company, members of the company should be natural individuals and annual turnover can’t be over $5m.
Required (must be a natural person and a resident of Singapore)
- Language: Any
- Letters: From Roman alphabet
- Company name must end with such words: Private Limited, Limited or such suffixes Pte. Ltd or Ltd.
- Names Requiring Consent or a Licence: Bank, Financial institution, insurance, fund management, university, Chamber of Commerce and other similar names.
- Restricted connections for company name: name of state, national or local government.
- Any name that implies illegal activity or implies royal or government patronage is restricted.
- Registrar may reject any name which it considers undesirable, contrary to the public interest or are politically sensitive.
- Company name is restricted to be identical or similar that of an existing company.
- In any case when foreign language is used for a company name a translation must be provided to the Registrar which will ensure the name conforms by the listed restrictions.
Incorporation: 9 working days + delivery time for the courier
Minimum paid up capital: No minimum capital requirement
Singapore Company Incorporation
Government Filing Fee
Digital Certificate of Incorporation
1 x Printed Certificate of Incorporation
Digital Memorandum & Articles of Association
1 x Printed Memorandum & Articles of AssociationBuy Now
Use our simple online checker to see if your name is available.
Follow our step-by-step process to form your new company within 24 hours.
Look through our various packages to begin to run your company the very next day.
We Provide Free Unlimited Online Support
Help is never more than a click away, our advisers are able to answer any and all of your questions.
No paper documents are required to be filled and all forms are available online. You will receive the original hard copy of the Incorporation Certificate by mail and all company documents (such as the memorandum & articles of association) will be easily available in PDF form online 24/7.
Get £50 worth of free Google Ad words credit to start the marketing of your new company.
With our innovative and low-cost service, we have taken the difficulty out of establishing a new Limited Company. With expertise honed since 2004, our business specialists have the knowledge to provide a bespoke service catered to your new business’s needs. Over four hundred thousand companies have been incorporated with our pioneering low-cost electronic system.