A popular choice for those looking for more tax-efficient solutions
WHAT IS AN INTERNATIONAL COMPANY?
An international company is a legal entity registered according to the rules of a particular country or jurisdiction, performing its business outside the country or jurisdiction in which it is registered.
An International company can also be registered as an International Business Company (IBC).
Many international companies:
- Are exempted from paying tax on profits gained outside the jurisdiction (0% tax rate)
- Can maintain confidentiality of company information
- Have minimal regulatory compliance requirements
WHY REGISTER AN INTERNATIONAL COMPANY?
An international company enjoys a number of benefits over a British company.
Many international companies are exempt from taxes on all profits gained outside the jurisdiction. The taxation rate is zero percent (0%) for many IBCs.
An IBC has the right to keep all information about its directors, secretaries or shareholders confidential. The law prevents anyone from enquiring about the details of owners and employees. The owners are not legally required to disclose any information about their company to anyone.
MINIMAL COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS
An IBC enjoys the benefit of having to fulfill only minimal compliance requirements. However, the following conditions must be fulfilled for incorporating an International Business Company:
- At least one person must be appointed as a company director at the time of incorporation. The director can also act as the sole shareholder. There is no requirement for appointing a company secretary, as is in the case of registering an onshore company.
This means that a single individual can register an International Business Company in an offshore jurisdiction.
- It is legal for an International Business Company to keep all company details confidential. Details of ownership such as the personal information of the directors, secretaries and shareholders need not be disclosed to public. Similarly, financial records of an IBC can be kept private. This includes information such as company accounts and share capital.
- Another major advantage is that many IBC companies do not need to file annual returns.
- An International Business Company has diverse investment opportunities. In other words, offshore companies may conduct almost any type of business activity. For this reason, offshore jurisdictions attract business from all over the world.
- Company meetings of an IBC can be held anywhere in the world – not necessarily in the jurisdiction where the company is registered. Moreover, physical presence of attendees is not required during meetings – meetings may be conducted over the telephone and over the Internet, etc. This saves time and travel fares expenses. International Business Companies also need not hold Annual General Meetings (AGM).
- International jurisdictions attract international trade and business activities, which in turn render them credible as business jurisdictions.
Isle of Man
Use our simple online checker to see if your name is available.
Follow our step-by-step process to form your new company within 24 hours.
Look through our various packages to begin to run your company the very next day.
We Provide Unlimited Free Online Support
Help is never more than a click away, our advisers are able to answer any and all of your questions.
No paper documents are required to be filled and all forms are available online. You will receive the original hard copy of the Incorporation Certificate by mail and all company documents (such as the memorandum & articles of association) will be easily available in PDF form online 24/7.
Get £50 worth of free Google Ad words credit to start the marketing of your new company.
With our innovative and low-cost service, we have taken the difficulty out of establishing a new international company. With expertise honed since 2004, our business specialists have the knowledge to provide a bespoke service catered to your new business’s needs. Over four hundred thousand companies have been incorporated with our pioneering low-cost electronic system.